Saturday, May 16, 2009

5th Grade Field Trip

Yesterday was Chloe's class field trip. We went to Lewisburg to reenactments of the Civil War. There were different stations the kids went to. It was long and a little boring, but the kids had fun. After eating lunch there on the lawn, we went to the Lost World Caverns which the kids enjoyed. Caves creep me out a little, but this one wasn't too bad. Finally we went to Beckley and ate lunch at Ryan's. It was late by then and we were hungry. I ate enough for a week. Chloe asked what about my diet (which I follow loosely at best) and I said I wouldn't worry about it then. She said to her friend "I don't know why my mom is on a diet. I think she's skinny for her age". LOL It was a long tiring day, but fun with no problems. We were on the bus about six hours I guess. I sat with my friend and we talked the whole time on the bus, so that was nice. We left home at 5:30 am and didn't get back until after 11:00 pm. I still haven't recovered. I guess for someone of my age that can be expected. ;)

Abe Lincoln talked to the kids about his life.



Chloe outside the gift shop at Lost World Caverns



Inside the cave



At the restaurant

3 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

How fun! Wish I could have gone!

SaRaH said...

You are skinny for your age! I love it. Since when do field trips take ALL day? You totally get a medal for that one.

Donna Guthrie said...

I am a children's author with a new website for kids called MEET ME AT THE CORNER (www.meetmeatthecorner.org), a series of free kid-friendly video podcasts for kids.

Geared to children ages 7-12, MeetMeAtTheCorner.org is a dynamic, interactive site, which encourages individual expression and participation through video submissions from children worldwide. Through these video pod casts, the site creates a community of children who learn the art of self-expression and storytelling through video. The site is free of charge.

MeetMeAtTheCorner.org currently offers more than 50 three- to four- minute episodes. Recent additions include interviews with famous artists and writers, trips to New York City, San Diego, and Colorado, and introductions to unusual hobbies. New trips are added every three weeks.

I thought your readers might enjoy the current episode featuring a virtual field trip to the Queens Botanical Garden to learn how to build a worm bin.

Would you review our site and pass t on to your readers?

Thank you,

Donna Guthrie
www.donnaguthrie.com
www.meetmeatthecorner.org