Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our family

Last month we had our first family portrait taken. We went to Main Street Photography where we have gone many times before. The owners are our preacher and his son, Roy. Roy does a wonderful job. I told him the kind of picture I wanted and he did exactly what I wanted. I bought a big framed portrait (20x24, I think, bigger with the frame I chose) and I picked it up today. It's just beautiful. Roy had a much bigger one made for display in his lobby. My picture was my Mother's Day and Anniversary gift. It's a gift I will always treasure.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

GREAT picture!! You all look great! Had you seen a picture like that before, or was it all your idea? I really like the style of it a lot, and may even copy it some day! :)

Jacque said...

Dawn,
Thanks! I had seen a picture like it before and described it to the photographer. He knew exactly what I meant. He is counting on others copying the idea, that's why he had one made for display in his lobby. I really love it.

Tiff said...

Beautiful picture! And a very beautiful family!

4meonly said...

That's a great picture! I love the concept of it...I too like Dawn might use it one day...first we gotta take normal pictures together! :)

Lolita Breckenridge said...

That is a fantastic picture!!!!! I've seen something similar on someone's link to a photography blog.I want to do one like it too!

SaRaH said...

are you KIDDING? Oh my gosh that is so gorgeous.

Amanda said...

That's a great picture and one that you will treasure forever.
l,
Amanda x

Our Beautiful Life said...

That is a GREAT picture and I LOVE the composition! What a great idea, I'll have to steal it! ;-)