Thursday, May 14, 2009

What happens when you don't take a nap

Phoebe is a good napper. About 12:30 or so every day she takes a good long nap. Usually 2-4 hours. While it's very nice, she's up later at night. Yesterday I was getting her to sleep for her nap, then my friend called. When I tried again, she didn't seem sleepy and I knew it would take awhile, and by this time it was getting late. I don't like for her to nap much past 1:30 because then she sleeps until dinner time, and she's up very late at night. SO, yesterday I let her skip her nap. She's skipped her nap maybe three times before. At one point yesterday late in the afternoon, she almost fell asleep in the chair. (She said she was just taking a little rest.) I took her outside and she played well all evening. I gave her a bath at 7:00 and she dressed herself and went and sat on the couch while I was getting Owen ready for bed. I found her like this:



I'm hoping for an early nap today!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

My youngest hasn't taken a nap for a long long time ~ i miss those days!

SaRaH said...

awwwwww. what a tired little baby. What did you do with your 'free' night?

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Hi red toenails! She looks so grown up!

Unknown said...

Oh, how adorable! Sleeping Beauty.

Our Beautiful Life said...

Awww, little sleepy girl! I miss naps, you're fortunate that she still takes them! ;-)