Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our Monday

Yesterday I took Phoebe to the doctor for a recheck on her ears, eyes, and her iron levels. All checked out great. She got her blood taken again and could have cared less. She's amazing. She doesn't cry, whimper, or even wince about them squeezing blood out of her. If that were Chloe at this age, it would have taken 12 people to hold her down. We were there two hours and Phoebe was great. At the end of the visit the doctor was about to leave the room but was still talking to me. My cell phone started ringing in my purse. I wasn't going to interrupt the doctor, and thought I'd call whoever it was back. Phoebe however, went to my purse, got out the phone, and answered it. Hilarious. It was Danny.

After we left the doctor's office, I had to get gas. The gas station also sells Krispy Kreme donuts. I told Phoebe we would take one to Aunt Bea (my sister Betsy) at work. Phoebe said she wanted a donut too, and I let her choose one. She chose a maple iced one. She ate the whole thing. It took her at least 15 minutes, but she ate the whole thing. After leaving the hospital (where Betsy works) Phoebe said she was hungry. I doubted it since she just ate the donut, but a diet coke from Subway sounded good to me. So we went through the drive thru at Subway. She ate the black olives (her favorite thing, and the whole reason she likes Subway) off her sub, took about four bites of the sandwich, and went to sleep.

She slept the whole way home and I put her to bed when we got home. Danny was mowing the grass so I got the dog and we took a walk. A long walk. I ended up walking to my Mom's and back, which is four miles and not much of it flat. Danny got worried about me and came looking for me. Then I ate three taco in a bags for dinner, so never mind the calories I burned.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. It was very cool in the morning but it was sunny all day and chilly but yet warm. I love Spring days like that. After all the rain we've had, this week of predicted sunshine makes me happy.

Now, Phoebe and I are getting ready to take a walk. But it won't be four miles up and down hills.

6 comments:

Tiff said...

You deserved all 3 of those tacos for walking 4 miles! :)

Dawn said...

Sounds like a lovey Day!!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Wait, I thought tacos were low fat? What's taco in a bag? :-)

Jacque said...

Christine! Taco in a bag is only the best thing ever! Take a small individual bag of Doritos or Fritos and crush up the chips a bit. Then add in your taco meat, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onion, salsa, and sour cream (or whatever you like). Then eat it out of the bag. Heaven in a bag!

Unknown said...

you have DRIVE THROUGH Subway? No FAIR!

Jacque said...

Robyn,
You don't have drive thru Subway? All of ours have it. I'd die without it. :)