Saturday, May 2, 2009

Everything but the swine flu

Owen was sick this week. He had double ear infections, a sinus infection, and Fifth Disease. I think half the school had fifth disease, but thankfully he didn't get the rash part too bad, just the red cheeks. The dr. said it lowers their immune system, and that would explain the other infections.




He's back to normal now but the rest of us aren't feeling great. Danny and I are getting colds, and maybe Chloe too because she says her throat is sore. Poor Phoebe is pitiful and I'll probably make a trip to Urgent Care with her tomorrow, or else go to the dr. on Monday. It started yesterday with her saying her ear hurt. I thought she meant the inside of her ear but when I looked, the outside of her ear was red and I noticed there were about three spots on it with little clusters of tiny blisters. Her right eye was also runny. Then last night she said her mouth was hurting and it suddenly had bumps on it and her chin and was swollen some. Today her eye is just horrible. She woke up with it shut until I washed the green junk out of it. Her nose has green snot, she's just a mess. (Anyone have a guess what is wrong with her?) She slept four and half hours this afternoon until we finally woke her up. Chloe and I also took a little nap. Hopefully next week will be healthier!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, you are all having a tough time. I hope you all make a speedy recovery.

Mum's don't have the time to be sick! So you take care of yourself!

l,
Amanda x

Nellie said...

oh Jacque! I am so sorry you all are so ill. It will pass, but that doesn't help in the middle when everyone feels so bad. I'll be thinking about you.