Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our 14th Anniversary

On May 20, 1995 Danny and I got married. It was a beautiful Spring day. The weather was perfect, the sky was gorgeous. I couldn't have been happier.



We met at college the first day of my sophomore year, Danny's senior year. He called me (he had seen me talking to a friend of his) and asked me to meet him the next day. I'd never seen him before but my friend had and described him to me. I went to the lobby of his dorm the next day and from there we went to dinner in the cafeteria and we've been together ever since. I knew right away he was the man I would marry. Three years later, exactly one week after my college graduation, we got married.

He had to work this evening but we did get out to eat lunch together. Mom kept Phoebe for us. She took this picture of us. (Her dog Lucy always gets in the picture too.)




We made a quick stop to Kmart (isn't that what everyone does on their anniversary?), and rushed home to get Phoebe, and get Chloe and Owen off the bus. It was a treat to just eat lunch out just the two of us. We're hoping next year to plan a weekend away or something.

Danny has asked me before if I would marry him all over again. Absolutely.

8 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary!

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

SaRaH said...

Happy Anniversary! You're still the cutest couple!

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Love,
Amanda x

Tiff said...

What a great story! congratulations!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Happy anniversary! We got to Target on our anniversaries. :-)

Nellie said...

The year Bethany was born, Brian and I celebrated our sixth anniversay by going to eat Italian and going to Kmart. It was the first time we had been alone in eight months. When we got out of the car at Kmart he tried to hold my hand when we were walking in, and I thought he was nuts. It made me realize we needed to make time for just the two of us. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!