Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Zoo Trip

On Sunday we went to the Columbus Zoo. It was Phoebe's first time going to a zoo. She had a good time. She liked the manatees and the monkeys the most. Owen says he liked the rhino, the slushie, and the train ride. Chloe's favorites were the red panda and the monkeys. The monkeys are always my favorite. The kids were excellent and we had such a fun time together.



This flamingo was grouchy and pranced up and down squawking at us.



I always like the flamingos, they are such a beautiful color in person.



At the aquarium the kids got to touch several different sea creatures.





The manatees are always so neat to watch. So big, yet so graceful.



There were lots of statues to take pictures with but usually the kids didn't want to be bothered with it.



Chloe at the penguin exhibit.



Chloe and I touched a rosy boa snake. I so wish I hadn't, it gave me the creeps afterward every time I thought of it.



The carousel:



Phoebe did lots of pointing at things:



I loved this gibbon monkey. It would swing from the ropes and trees.



Chloe was put out she had ride by herself in the seat behind me on the boat ride (don't you love her shades?). They only allowed two to a seat. Danny rode with Owen, and I rode with Phoebe. If only we had a third parent (preferably a mother).







This orangutan was so cute:



Chloe with the gorilla. He ate a piece of cardboard while we watched him.



These two bonobos were so cute snuggling each other:



On the train. Owen loved the train. He kept telling us he wanted to ride the train but we worked our way to it while looking at the animals. He said "If we didn't have to look at all these animals we could ride the train".



Finishing up the trip with some slushies. Owen loved this double stroller we rented. He wanted to take it home with us.



As Danny says, a good time was had by all.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a lovely day out ~ your pictures are beautiful.
l,
Amanda x

Unknown said...

Personally, I think it's hilarious when the monkeys throw poo. But then, I kind of have a twisted sense of humor...

Nellie said...

It looks like you had a blast! I love trips! I'm taking Beth to Washington DC this year.