Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Believe I Can Fly

Phoebe and I have been taking long walks this week. There is a place near us that is a Locks and Dam along the river where boats come through. The area around it is a park that is nicely kept with picnic tables and a great place to walk. Many people go there to walk. This morning we were walking and Phoebe said "I see something in the sky". I told her it was a jet. She said "I love jets!". Then she saw a bird and said, "I wish I was a bird". Then a few seconds later she said "My arms can fly" and she started flapping her little arms like a bird. It was the cutest thing with me pushing her along in the stroller and her flapping her arms.

Here are a few things I've learned this week while walking (not that I'm an expert, just ask my Wii Fit's BMI).

1. Sippy cups should come as a big gulp (like those big cups from gas stations). One sippy doesn't cut it. Bringing more than one sippy isn't convenient. When Phoebe drinks she doesn't just sip a little and save some for later. She drinks until the cup is empty.

2. I have found the best sippy for myself. I have tons of water bottles that I've bought searching for the perfect one. I think I may have found it. It's Rubbermaid and it's a 20 oz bottle. It's sturdy, it has a good spout to drink from, holds the right amount, easy to hold, just a good water bottle. I got it at Kmart, but I'm sure it can be found anywhere. It was around $3.50 and you can buy a two pack.



3. If I walk an hour I can do almost four miles.

4. Having a two year old with you that needs to pee can make you walk much faster.

5. Walking makes me feel so much better!

I plan to keep walking lots, or flap like a bird, one or the other.

No comments: