Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home Alone

I bought some paint on Monday to paint my hallway. It's the only place in this house that hasn't been painted at least once. My Mom offered to watch Phoebe today so I could paint. It's amazing what one can get done without a child to chase and take care of. I hadn't been without at least one child in this house for ages. It was odd. I was like a tornado. I painted the hallway, washed down the kitchen ceiling, took down the kitchen and our bedroom curtains and washed them, cleaned the kitchen windows inside and out, washed down the kitchen cabinets and counters, cleaned off the fridge, ran the sweeper, cleaned out a bunch of clutter, and got dinner started.

I'm having a party on Friday evening so I wanted to clean up the house. It's been a long time since I did more than surface cleaning. The good thing about having a party is it forces you to clean. The bad thing about having a party is it forces you to clean.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

My in-laws come about every six weeks, so I have to keep clean underneath. I clutter things up, but I know under the first layer things are okay. Parties are definitely good for cleaning.

Jacque said...

Wish you could come, Nellie! It's a Longaberger party. :) I hope we can get together soon. Tammy mentioned sometime in March?