Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beautiful Earrings, Glorious Earrings

We went to the mall yesterday and Phoebe got her ears pierced! Chloe had to get her ears pierced again last summer because her first holes had grown over (she was Phoebe's age when she got them done the first time). Phoebe watched Chloe get hers pierced at the mall. Yesterday when I told Phoebe we were going to the mall she said she wanted to get her ears pierced and get pink earrings. I thought she'd change her mind. We shopped some first, but Phoebe kept saying she wanted to get her ears pierced. She was put out when we went to Target and Home Depot before the mall. She wanted to get her ears pierced! So she did it. Didn't even cry. They are pretty on her. Before bed last night out of the blue she said, I have beautiful earrings, and she smiled so big. It makes me think of the book Earrings! by Judith Viorst that I used to read to Chloe all the time. The little girl in the book wants to get her ears pierced and says "Beautiful earrings. Glorious Earrings. Beautiful glorious earrings for pierced ears. I want them. I need them. I love them."

Here she is before:



Right after:



Then she sat in her stroller and ate a pretzel, went to the Disney Store, then fell asleep. Took her nap, woke up just in time for lunch, then rode some rides.


4 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Beautiful, glorious Chloe!

4meonly said...

Very pretty. She's a champ because even I had a little tear when I got my 3rd holes done and I was 16! LOL

Dayna said...

YAY! She looks like more of a princess now than before! :)

Shannon said...

So cute!
I can't even IMAGINE Zoey going through that without a tear!!! Way to go big girl!!!!