Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blogiversary

It's been one year ago today that I started this blog. I looked back over some of my first posts, and the kids have grown so much! A year just flies by with them. They are good kids. I'm glad I have this blog to look back and remember things they have said and done. Now for some of the things they have said and done lately.

I have been eating angel food cake, strawberries, and fat free cool whip. Phoebe likes to eat it too. Today she asked for angel food bread. The other evening we were having spaghetti. She asked for cheese on top of hers. Danny started handing her the shredded cheddar cheese. She said "No, I want the shaky cheese". She meant she wanted the Parmesan cheese you shake out onto your spaghetti.

Today Owen was helping me make stir fry for dinner. He likes to help cook. We were finished making it and it was almost done. He was still sitting on the counter. He said, "Can I run along now?". I sometimes say to him to "run along" after we're finished cooking, or if he's in the way while I'm doing something.

Miss Chloe has been a having some trouble with her asthma this weekend. Nothing too bad yet, and I hope it gets better instead of worse. She still has a flair for drama. We planned to go to the mall today but it was snowy and I get nervous to drive in the snow. We started to go to the mall but got about ten miles from home and it started snowing harder and I decided we'd better turn around and go home. She was upset and said that we just "gave up" and you should never give up. We had a nice day after we came home though.

Danny and Dad went trout fishing in the mountains today (in six inches of snow) and caught 13 trout between them. When they came home this evening Owen said to Danny, "You missed dinner".

Thanks for reading my blog this past year!

3 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I heart Owen. He makes me laugh. Happy anniversary! Run along and do another blog post soon! :-)

Dayna said...

I love it Jacque! Happy one year anniversary! I love reading your posts. I have to run along now and do some work though! :)

SaRaH said...

Happy Blogiversary! Don't EVER give up. 'Specially when it comes to blogging and shopping.