Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another day at the doctor

Yesterday I took Phoebe and Owen back to the doctor. Phoebe because she was still really sick, and Owen because he had complained all weekend about his ears hurting. He was already on an antibiotic and I couldn't imagine he had ear infections, but I thought since I was taking Phoebs anyway, I'd take him too. Good thing I did. He had really bad ear infections in both of his poor little ears. I did send him back to school today (he hadn't been since last Tuesday) since he plays here fine and he's now on a stronger antibiotic. I sent a note to the teacher to let him call home if he needed to.

As for my pitiful Phoebe, she really feels horrible. She has a bad sinus infection and bronchitis. The Dr. let me listen to her lungs and they were crackling with each breath. They did xrays and it turned out no pneumonia, just bronchitis. They took her blood (she didn't even cry or anything) and discovered she is very anemic. I feel so bad about it because its from her drinking too much milk. She has iron to take twice a day and she can only have two cups of milk a day. This is hard for her because she LOVES milk. She cried for it this morning. The iron has to be diluted in water or juice and I can't get her to take it. I'm going to call the pharmacy and see if I can just give it to her in a dropper like her medicine. She is also on an antibiotic and she and Owen both have a medicine for their cough and runny nose, and other symptoms. They both go back next week for a recheck, then Phoebe goes back in three weeks to test her iron again. I hope she'll start feeling better soon, she just lays around, plus her cough sounds terrible and she still has a fever. Her eyes look so sick and sad. They are all runny, and her nose runs like a faucet.

Hopefully the little ones will be well soon, and Chloe doesn't get sick!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor babies!!! I can't believe she didn't cr when they took her blood. Wow. What a brave girl! I hope they are both feeling better soon!

Cindy said...

Hrm, my daughter loves milk too. I know she drinks too much of it. She won't drink anything else either. I should probably be careful before we end up with an anemia problem too.