Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Minus two teeth

My poor Chloe had to have two teeth pulled today. I was a nervous wreck. She had a cavity in a back baby tooth that was bothering her. We knew she had the cavity and at her last cleaning the dentist said since it was a baby tooth we wouldn't fill it, but if it ever bothered her it would have to come out. I took her in last week because it was hurting. They gave her penicillin and scheduled us to come into today to get it out. She also had a VERY loose tooth that they went ahead and pulled while they were at it. They gave her nitrous oxide (a wonderful thing that no insurance covers) so she didn't remember much about it. It made me so anxious to wait in the waiting room while they gassed up my baby and yanked out two of her little baby teeth. I'm so glad it's over. She did great. Now the tooth fairy will fly in tonight leaving some loot for the teeth (and pixie dust - aka glitter). Chloe said she probably wouldn't get much for the cavity tooth and she might just give it to Owen. (Owen thinks the tooth fairy doesn't mind where the tooth comes from as long as it's under your pillow, because at the beach he bought a shark tooth to put under his pillow.)

Phoebe was disappointed she didn't get to go to the dentist and she said she needed her teeth pulled because she couldn't even eat. Next week Chloe and Owen both go for their cleanings. They always get a toothbrush and some goodies after their visits. Today they were giving kids a big Easter egg with Easter candy in it. At the dentist!! Chloe said it was so kids would get cavities and have to go back to the dentist. Chloe has always said she wants to be a dentist when she grows up. Now I only hope the tooth fairy can stay up late enough and doesn't forget to leave the money.

(Thank goodness for spell check, because apparently I can't spell cavity.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, poor Chloe! And poor mom! I can imagine how nervous you were, it's so hard to have your kids go through something like that and to not be able to be right there with them to make sure they are ok!
I can't believe the dentist gave out candy! And I hope the tooth fairy is good to Miss Chloe for being so brave

Dayna said...

Awww, poor girl! Glad it went well though. I know I'd be a nervous wreck too. You know she may be right about the candy thing.....maybe the dentist does wnat the kiddos to come back for more dental work, LOL....

Good luck summoning the tooth fairy tonight too! :)

SaRaH said...

Poor Phoebe! She can't even EAT - LOL. What a bunch of smarties you have there. I hope the tooth fairy made it to Chloe. When I was growing up, the tooth fairy evidently had girls' nights and boys' nights so sometimes you might have to wait two nights... ;)
Ummm. DOES the tooth fairy come for shark teeth?

Unknown said...

Hilarious! Chloe will make a great dentist with her devious candy-giving ways...