Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Banana Chip Muffins

These are one of my favorite muffins. Danny and the kids love them too. I've had too many of them today. I went to a Taste of Home Cooking School last night and I'm in the mood to cook (and eat).

Banana Chip Muffins

* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg (slightly beaten)
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Combine dry ingredients.

3. Add egg, milk, and oil and stir until blended. Then fold in chocolate chips and mashed banana.

4. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

Yummy. I think I will try these this weekend. I have a couple of bannanas that need something done with them, or else they will find there way into the trash.