Monday, March 16, 2009

Anne with an E

One of my all time favorite books is Anne of Green Gables. It was written in 1908 by L.M. Montgomery. I love all the books in the series about Anne, and the movies and tv shows about them. My high school librarian loved Anne too and really made me appreciate the books. It is a book that you feel like you really know the characters (especially Anne). The book is so filled with description and clever writing, and quotes that I still remember. Anne is very clear her Anne is spelled with an E. My middle name is Ann, without an E and I so wished I had an E on the end when I read these books. Anne loves puffy sleeves on dresses, and when I shopped for my wedding dress it had to have puffy sleeves. Chloe and I have been reading the book together in anticipation of seeing the play at a local theater. We saw the play yesterday afternoon. We both loved it. Chloe likes books like I do, so I think Anne will be a favorite of hers too.



It was a busy weekend for Chloe. She also went to a St. Patrick's Day dance at school on Sat. evening. Here she is with a couple of her friends (she's on the right in green).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jacque, I knew you were a kindred spirit. I grew up loving Anne and I can't wait to read the books to my girls.

Jacque said...

Yay, Mary! :) I'm glad you are a kindred spirit and love Anne too. Did you know there is a children's version of the Anne stories for younger girls?

Nellie said...

I read every single one of the Anne of Green Gables books, and then I read everything else L.M. Montgomery wrote. I still have the whole collection. My dream is to go to Prince Edward Island. I met a man from there when I was in Scotland. I've also seen all the movies. The last one I didn't like, because they changed the time period and the story line.

Unknown said...

Nellie is correct, the last Anne movie was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. Well, maybe she didn't say it was, but I am saying it was!

Nellie said...

The last movie was horrible. I didn't spell it out, just in case someone liked it. I was very disappointed in it.