Thursday, March 12, 2009

At least he didn't call 9-1-1

Owen has been sick the last couple days. He didn't go to school yesterday or today. This morning when I took Chloe to the bus stop (it's at the bottom of our hill), I left Owen and Phoebe in bed asleep with Danny. I was gone about 15 fifteen minutes because I talked to my friend at the bus stop after the bus ran (her daughter gets on the bus there too). When I got back, Owen was sitting on the couch drinking milk and watching cartoons. I asked how he felt, etc. Then I noticed the phone was on the couch next to him. I asked him if someone called. He said no. Then I looked at it and it still had my Mom and Dad's number on it (he didn't hang up). I was surprised he could call them because he never uses the phone. I asked what they were doing and he said they'd be here in a minute. Sure enough, I saw them pulling in. Mom said they were in bed and heard the phone ringing. This is was the conversation:

Mom: Hello?
Owen: (coughing)
Mom: Owen?
Owen: silence
Mom: Owen? Owen? Owen?
Owen: You need to come immediately.
Mom: What's wrong?
Owen: I'm worser. You better come now.
Mom: Where's your Mommy?
Owen: She took Chloe to school (Mom thought he meant to school, not the bus stop).
Mom: Where's your Daddy?
Owen: In bed.
Mom: We'll be right there.

Hilarious! If you know how Owen talks the immediately was like "immediatwee" which is so much funnier. When I asked Owen if he tried to wake up Danny, Owen said "I tried honking his nose but he didn't wake up". The whole thing just makes me laugh! Phoebe and Danny were sleeping away. Mom and Dad kind of thought it was all funny too. I made them waffles for breakfast for their early morning trip out to save Owen.

I took him to the dr. this morning and he has asthmatic bronchitis. He has an antibiotic, an inhaler (He's never used one before and said "Sweet!" when the dr. said he was going to give him one. He said he couldn't wait to show Chloe.), a steroid, and a cough medicine. He'll be home tomorrow too. Chloe didn't go to school yesterday because of her cough and asthma. She was better today and went to school. Hopefully Phoebe can stay well now. And hopefully Owen won't have to call for back up anytime soon.

6 comments:

Dayna said...

OMG, that is too funny! Not him being sick of course but the call. It IS a good thing he didn't call 911! I hope he feels better. I am sick too unfortunately so I almost know how he feels!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

OMG, you can't ever teach him about 911!!!!

Cindy said...

Oh man! Owen cracks me up, seriously. Ahahahaha :)

Nellie said...

Bethany actually called 911 one time on accident of course. I apologized to the dispatcher, and hung up quickly. Poor Owen. Is he feeling better?

SaRaH said...

LOL. I love Owen. Go give him a hug -- immediatwee.

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

lol, hope he feels better soon