Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!

April Fools Day has always been fun to me. When I was little we always played pranks on each other and I like to play around with the kids on April Fools Day. Crazy jokes were flying this morning before the kids went to school. I explained to Owen about it and he would say something like, "Mommy, there is a skunk on your head!", and I would reach for my head and gasp, then he'd say "Happy April Fools Day!". Chloe and I finally made him understand how it worked and that you just say "April Fool!".

In their lunches today I emptied out Cheetos bags and put in baby carrots. I put a hole in apples with a wooden spoon handle, then put a gummy worm in the hole. They loved it. Then for "dinner" I made them fish sticks and peas (really wafer cookies covered in peanut butter then crushed Wheaties and green Airheads rolled into balls). They thought that was hilarious too. (All these ideas were from Family Fun.)








They got report cards today of all days. Chloe got all As (not easy As in this year's class either!) and Owen did wonderful on his Kindergarten report card (they don't do letter grades in K, but they really have to know a lot!). I'm so proud of them both.

No jokes or report cards for Phoebe today, but here she is looking cute anyway.



4 comments:

SaRaH said...

You're the funnest mom ever.

Jacque said...

Thanks, Sarah. I'm sure the kids don't always think that. ;)

I can't check your blog! :(

Miss Lisa said...

Oh you are so cute! I love those ideas--so clever!

And thank you for the bibliography info :)

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Seriously, awesome. The gummy worms in apples I'm doing next year to my husband.