Friday, April 3, 2009

Cloudy with a chance of grumpiness

My girls are outside queens. The more they get to play outside the better. Owen could take it or leave it. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Phoebe and I were outside most of the day. Then after school we were all outside, but mostly Phoebe and Chloe. Phoebe even learned to ride Chloe's old scooter. She was so happy getting to play outside in the warm sun.





Today is rainy, windy, and chilly outside. Phoebe has been mad about it all day. She got up earlier than usual and has asked to play outside many times. She gets upset when I say it's raining and windy. So we had a few egg hunts in the house and read and played. She got up early and I could tell she was tired. She said she wanted a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. I made it for her and when I tried to put some mixed fruit on her plate she nearly had a stroke. While eating her sandwich she fell asleep.

Chloe gets mad at bad weather too. She always wants to wear capris now and flip flops or slip on shoes. If I tell her its too cold she gets mad at me. Like I can control the weather. This morning she was mad at the weather because they would have to have inside recess. Owen, on the other hand, loves inside recess because they build with blocks and legos and play with "guys". Chloe's inside recess consists of watching a movie and being quiet. No wonder she hates it.

This weekend is supposed to bring better weather (temporarily) so hopefully the girls will be in better spirits.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

I can just see Bethany in your story. She doesn't understand why she can't wear a tank top in thirty degree whether. She doesn't get cold. I get grumpy in gray weather too. :)