Friday, June 27, 2008

Today is a gift

We saw the Kung Fu Panda movie yesterday for Owen's birthday. I loved it. It was a great little movie with a good lesson. Chloe and Owen loved it too. In the movie is a wise old turtle. In one part the turtle says this:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

I can't stop thinking of that. What a wonderful quote. I hope to remember it every day.

Here are the movie goers before the movie started (the part where Owen kept asking what was taking so long, what was that on the ceiling, were they going to turn off the lights now, what is that smell, does the movie last very long, is it a cartoon.....).




When we went to pick up Phoebe from Mom's house, she was asleep (Phoebe, not Mom!). We took her home and after three attempts, I finally got her to lay down in bed. She is such a creature of habit, had we been home and doing our normal routine, she would have laid right down. She had fun with her Nana though and Nana fed her and gave her a bath. When I asked Phoebe what she did at Nana's she told me that Lucy pooped. Lucy is the dog. Mom said Phoebe found great interest in the whole process. She's hilarious.

We weren't home long and we had a bad storm. I don't like storms when Danny isn't home. It was late when I got Chloe and Owen to bed because of all the birthday excitement. They wanted to play Playstation 2 and finally Chloe fell asleep and I carried her to bed. Then Owen dropped next. All in all, a good birthday I think. I went to bed at 12:30 and at 1:00 the electricity went out. I loathe when the electricity goes out. It didn't come back on until around 7:00 this morning so I hardly slept at all. It's amazing how quiet it is without the ceiling fan and the air conditioner. I hate it. We've had so many storms this Spring and Summer. It's okay, yesterday is history, and today is a gift. When I was little Dad would tuck me in and tell me tomorrow would be a brand new day for baby Jacque. There is always a new day to hope for.

3 comments:

SaRaH said...

what a wonderful day. sorry about the storms -- they sure are getting tiring, aren't they?

Unknown said...

I like that quote. I'll try to remember that.

Miss Lisa said...

I know I have heard that quote somewhere...drawing a blank on where though.
I'd do anything for a storm right now--we are enjoying 100+ and sunshine every single day. It gets really boring:0