Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pass the Kool Aid

Owen is the funniest boy ever. He always makes us laugh. The way he phrases things is hilarious. This has been cracking me up for days. He was sitting with me and we were working in a Spiderman workbook about numbers. We had done maybe 4 or 5 pages and I could tell he was not interested anymore. We finished up and he said "Whew, I'm tired, I think I need a Squeeze It".

Photobucket

We've had Vacation Bible School all week and Owen has really been good and has learned a lot. On the way home one evening there was a dead raccoon in the road. He asked why God didn't make it "undead" (after all he healed people and brought them to life in the Bible). We talked about that and then he wanted to know where God was and where heaven was. I gave the generic "in the sky" answer. He said he wished we could go in the sky. Then he said he could if only he had a jet pack.

Last night at the pool he was squirting Emma in the face. I told him to stop several times. Then I finally had to take his squirt toy away. When I gave it back I said he could only have it if he didn't squirt her in the face again. Emma told me he squirted her. When I asked him about it he said he didn't squirt her in the face, he squirted her in the life jacket. I should have been more specific I guess.

No comments: