Thursday, July 3, 2008

What a mess!

So, I am trying to make a Fourth of July cake from the Pioneer Woman website (love the site and the other recipes I've tried have been fine), but I had a bit of a problem. I mixed up the cake and put it in the oven. Then I started to smell something burning. The timer hadn't gone off so I thought it was odd. Went to check on it and found this:





The kitchen was filling with smoke and I was terrified the smoke alarm would go off and wake up Phoebe. I opened the kitchen windows and turned on the fan. So now I'm cleaning up the oven and trying to scrape away some of the cake and I'll attempt to finish baking it. I suppose my pan is too small, or else maybe it's because I used self rising flour and the baking soda and salt. I hope I can salvage it, I spent a lot of money on the ingredients! Darn cake.

1 comment:

SaRaH said...

ugh! Was it salvagable?