Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Big Girl Bed

I finished the girls room today. The bunk beds are up and Phoebe is officially sleeping her first night in a big girl bed. She usually sleeps with me so I don't think she'll make it the whole night in her new bed, but we'll work on it. I'm a little nervous about it but I'll get used to it. It is hard to sleep with her at night, but at the same time I know I'll miss her little warm body beside me and looking at her sweet sleeping face. I'm sure she'll be in with me before the night is over though. She picked out new Princess sheets and was excited about her bed today.



I hope the newness of the bunk beds wears off soon. The kids have driven me nuts today with them. Chloe loves them and has her top bunk all decked out with a clip on light, clip on fan, her stuffed animals, and a new pillow. Owen kept climbing on the top bunk and then getting down and repeating that 600 times. Phoebe kept trying to climb up the ladder too and fell a couple times. Hopefully no one breaks an arm.

I like the way the paint turned out, you can see in the pic one wall is pink and one green. We did two walls pink and two walls green. For Christmas we'll get the girls new matching quilts (if I can wait that long). I just wonder how it will go with the two of them sharing a room with 8 years between them. We'll see how it goes!

Here's Chloe happy and excited to be in the new bed:





I hope I don't spend half the night worrying that someone will fall out of those darn beds. I'm sure I'll be listening for any peep from Phoebe, though she's just across the hall.

2 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Oh that looks fun--I want to do bunk buds for the boys :)

SaRaH said...

They're awesome! My 17 year old sister and 7 year old sister share a room quite happily. I hope that Phoebe and Chloe love it.