Saturday, July 12, 2008

Legos: Love 'em or Hate 'em?

Owen loves Legos. He likes buying the Lego sets that come with directions on how to build them. Lately it's Indiana Jones sets. They are really for older kids so I am the one who has to follow the directions to put them together. I don't enjoy it. Sometimes there are nearly one hundred or more steps. He used to tell me to let him know when I was finished with it, then he'd destroy play with it. Now he does sit with me and I'll have him put together things he can. He does play with them for awhile once they are put together but they are fragile little things, and soon they fall apart. Right back to the hundreds of pieces we started with. So, I bought him a container of Legos that you could build whatever you wanted with and we didn't need directions to follow.



(I don't know if you can see it in the above picture but on the top left is a little black Lego. He gave that to me and said it was a Lego purse for me and he didn't even have to put that one together! A good quality in a Lego if you ask me. These are all creations he built for me today.)

The reasons I like Legos are:
1. They are good for fine motor skills
2. They are good for imaginative play
3. They are good for hand eye coordination
4. Owen likes them
5. They give Owen something to do
6. It's something Owen likes to do with me

The reasons I don't like Legos:
1. I don't like building them
2. They are expensive
3. They hurt when you step on them
4. Phoebe could choke on them
5. And the real reason I don't like them is this:




5 comments:

Dayna said...

You need to invent a "Lego magnet!"

SaRaH said...

i love legos. Much more importantly... Joe and I were at Sears this weekend for a refrigerator part and we walked by the handbag section and I noticed a wallet with a tag that said "Buxton". I made him search the whole area with me for the Buxton. Alas, it was not there. Luckily, I had YOU to blame for this. :P

Jacque said...

Sarah, You mean we can get a wallet to match our Buxton? Although who would need one with all those handy compartments?? That's so funny you and Joe were searching for it. LOL
BTW, I'm wearing that Vaseline lotion right now that I bought because of you! ;)

Miss Lisa said...

LEGOS drive me crazy--the big ones are OK but those ity bitty ones--ugh!

Unknown said...

Woo. You can get some serious exercise picking up all those Legos!