Monday, December 29, 2008

Time with the kids

I've been with the kids a lot the last week or so since school has been out. I will hate it when school starts again on Friday. Danny will be off until next Wed. and that makes me happy. Having all this family time together, we often comment on how great the kids are. They say and do the funniest things. I love to be in the other room and hear them talking with each other. Owen got a whoopie cushion in his stocking and he and Chloe were playing with it and laughing so hard. I was in the bedroom and could hear them in Owen's room. There is nothing better than the sounds of their big, honest, belly laughs.

Owen is always funny. We went to Danny's parents yesterday to celebrate Christmas with them. They have a cat and Owen is allergic to cats. His eyes get red and itchy, his face gets red and blotchy, and he feels a mess. He kept saying "I need to get out of here" and when it was time to open gifts they handed him a present and he said "Please tell me it's not a cat!".

Phoebe is hilarious in her own quiet way. She's wearing her panties from Santa today and is doing great. I reminded her earlier to go to the potty and she said "Not today". After using the potty once I told her to pull up her pants and she said "Those are not pants. Those are panties." She is very literal. Danny will call her Petunia, his little nickname for her, and she always says "I'm Phoebe". Yesterday at Danny's parents, we were outside and standing in the front yard. Phoebe ran around the back of the house and then came around the corner to me and said "I found me!!!". I'm guessing she means I found YOU. If not, it's always good to find yourself. This morning she asked me for a cup of milk and a snuggle. I forgot about the laundry so we could snuggle while she drank her milk.

Chloe is getting older and growing up so quickly. She is into the Lemony Snickett books (The Series of Unfortunate Events), and she'll bring one to me and read parts of it so we can laugh about it together. She has proven to be very good at the Wii and it makes Owen mad when she beats him at lightsaber duels. She's all geared up for a sleepover for her friend's birthday tomorrow. In some ways she seems so grown up, and then I'll catch her playing with her Littlest Pet Shops and stuffed animals.

I'm grateful for this time with the kids and I am reminding myself when they start to fight, or make giant messes, or demand things every minute, or when I'm just tired, that it is a JOY to take care of these three little wild things.


4 comments:

BERNI said...

Nous vous souhaitons une bonne et heureuse année 2009
www.magstatt-le-haut.fr
www.tableauxdeberni.com

Miss Lisa said...

What a sweet post--and good reminder!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

J'adore Owen. Lovely memories.

SaRaH said...

It is a JOY to witness those three wild things via blog, as well.