Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Santa threat

We've been using the Santa threat around here. Bad maybe, but it helps sometimes. First to explain, we fixed shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, where you fill a shoebox with goodies for a child somewhere in the world that doesn't have much. We do it every year and I love it. I collect them at church too, and drop them off at a drop off site that delivers them to the headquarters. Then the boxes are distributed around the world to needy children. So when we did our boxes this year the kids helped and I told them we were sending the toys and things to kids who didn't get anything for Christmas. SO, tonight I went in Owen's room and it was a wreck. I told him if he didn't pick it up Santa wouldn't bring any more toys. He said "Well, I guess I'll be a shoebox boy". Then later I was in the kitchen and he came to get me to show me a surprise. He led me to his room that he had cleaned up. That Santa is so darn helpful.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I am literally laughing out loud that Owen thinks he will be a "shoebox boy".