Monday, November 10, 2008

A popping good time!

This evening the kids and I made a Thanksgiving craft. Even more fun than the craft, was popping popcorn for the craft. I guess we usually just make microwave popcorn, so the old fashioned popcorn popper (which I recieved as a graduation gift in 1991) was a big hit. Phoebe maybe had never watched us pop corn like that before. She laughed so hard.

As for the craft, just use green and yellow construction paper cut into corn shapes. Then glue the popcorn on the yellow part for corn. Older kids could just glue the corn kernels on if they wanted. Or, just skip the craft and pop some corn!



4 comments:

SaRaH said...

we want to come over to the wild things for craft time!

Dawn said...

Looks like fun!! I may have to try something like that. Where do you get all these awesome ideas? And do your kids realize how lucky they are to have you as their mom?!?!?!

Jacque said...

Dawn, you're too nice!! Lots of my ideas come from my teaching days. Others I see in magazines or on websites.

tanya or MOM said...

Ohh Im going to do this craft too. Any other great ideas that I can steal? LOL!