Thursday, November 20, 2008

One more day!

One more day until Thanksgiving break! I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids. We're all tired. I went to school today and helped with the fifth grade's Colonial Days. I was at the butter making station with Chloe's teacher. Chloe, and all the kids, had such a fun day. They went to different stations for 30 minutes each. They made colonial hats, candles, a quilt, wrote with a feather pen, played colonial games and sang songs, and made butter. To make the butter, put about 2 ounces of heavy whipping cream into a baby food jar and shake, shake, shake! Soon you'll have butter. Then add a pinch of salt and enjoy. We sang a butter chant while we shook up the cream.

Chloe making a candle:



Shaking the butter and chanting:



Chloe modeling her hat:



Playing a game:




I got to have lunch with Chloe in the cafeteria. Owen wants me to eat with him tomorrow. I'll be at school tomorrow for a Diabetes Walk the school is doing. I'll walk with Owen at 11:30 and Chloe at 1:00. I'll get my exercise at least. It's going to be cold and a little snowy for walking.

Owen is ready for a break from school too. This evening he said he didn't think he could go to school tomorrow because he thought he was sick. I asked what was wrong and he fell to the floor and said "I think the pneumonia growed back". Just one more day!

4 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

I used to love making butter :)

Yay for only one more day til break :)

Tiff said...

My great grandmother used to make her own butter. I LOVED helping her whip it!

Owen seriously cracks me up!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I love those hats. You should all wear them all week.

SaRaH said...

I second Chris. Those hats. All week.
You're an excellent mama. Hope you kept warm today!