Monday, November 24, 2008

Go Owen and a Parade

Owen got Student of the Month again, bless his little heart. It was for October, they are always a month behind. They gave out the awards on Friday, when I had lunch with him. When I got there he was wearing his medal and very proud. He got to eat lunch at the Star Student table. It had a blue tablecloth and a plastic toy tiger on it (the school mascot is a tiger). I picked up the tiger and said how neat it was. Owen told me I wasn't allowed to touch it. Oh. Sorry. The day before I went to school to have lunch, in his typical worry wart fashion, he asked me where I would hang my coat. He said there wasn't a hanger with my name on it, but maybe I could ask the teacher to put my name on a hanger. I said maybe I could put my coat on the teacher's desk. He said no, "They'd get you in trouble for that".



On Friday evening we went to the Christmas parade where it was around 18 degrees. Phoebe hardly moved. Except to wave slowly at Santa at the end of the parade. Chloe is with her neighbor friend. The girls and Owen caught a bunch of candy and Owen nearly tackled for it. When one of the bands would go by, he'd dance and dance.







This week we're enjoying Thanksgiving break, so no school stuff, and the only parade will be the Macy's one.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay for Owen!!! That is awesome! He looks so proud and happy in that picture!!

Miss Lisa said...

Wow--student of the month, again and it's only November!

I am excited for the Macy's parade myself--I want to go someday....

SaRaH said...

that picture of Owen GLOWING with well deserved pride is priceless.