Thursday, November 13, 2008

Movies are stressing me out

We got a free month of Netflix. We get up to three movies at a time and when we send those back, we get more. It's totally stressing me out. I feel like I have something else I have to do. I don't have time to watch them when the kids are awake, so that only leaves after the kids go to bed, or when Chloe and Owen are at school and Phoebe is napping. Today while Phoebe napped I tried to watch 27 Dresses. I laid Phoebe down and hurried and made some potato soup for dinner and threw some laundry in to wash, then turned on the movie. I watched a little bit of it and the phone rang. Then Phoebe woke up before it went off. I kept watching with her on my lap, but then it was time for the bus. I finally finished the end of it after dinner. I've enjoyed some of the movies, and I mostly stay up late to watch them, but then I'm tired because I have to get up at 6:00. I've rented a couple for the kids, one of which Chloe reminded me we already own. So the verdict is, I'm not renewing after my free month. It's too much pressure.

4 comments:

Alina Klein said...

Lol, I felt the same way about Netflix! Plus you have to actually walk out to the mailbox to return them. So I'm out. ;)

Miss Lisa said...

You are too funny!
I actually like Netflix for the documentaries like Civil War and Liberty--they help my 5th grader with history stuff ;)

SaRaH said...

I totally get it. I feel that way about coupons. But Netflix? We keep ours for MONTHS sometimes. It is so much more cost effective for us than blockbuster. We are always late -- like days and days late.

Cindy said...

I haven't been able to watch any movies since Sasha was born. I get so annoyed if I get interrupted while watching a movie, and interruptions are just part of being a mom of a young child so I just gave up.
I can totally sympathize.