Thursday, November 6, 2008

All better

Owen is better now, and went back to school yesterday. Phoebe isn't feeling great now, but hopefully it's nothing major. She's been so funny. She says "I love me" instead of I love you. Or maybe she is meaning she really does love herself. She used to say I love you but now it's just I love me. She says it when she's happy and feeling lovey, or when we tell her we love her. She came in this morning wearing a crazy outfit she put together. She said "I look glamorous". On Halloween night Chloe's neighbor friend had come over to play. When she walked home I stood on the porch and watched her go because it was dark, just to make sure she made it okay. Phoebe stood with me and I called out "Happy Halloweeen!" to Marly. Phoebe told her the same. Then one evening this week Marly had come to play and I stood on the porch again to watch her go home. Phoebe must of remembered us saying Happy Halloween last week, and realized it wasn't Halloween anymore. So, she yelled out, "Happy Birthday!". It wasn't her birthday either, but it sounded nice and festive.

For a Chloe funny, we were at the store last night and Owen was wild. After telling him for the millionth time to stop it, I told him he was starting to aggravate me. Chloe said "He's been aggravating me for five years". (He's five years old.)

When I was tucking Owen in bed last night I kissed him and told him I was proud of him for his report card and how well he's doing at school. He then said he was a good kid to have around. Very true. I took him and got his hair cut yesterday evening too, and after his bath he said I messed up his stylish hair.

Chloe did great on her report card too. She has a very hard teacher this year so all those As are well deserved. So the day she brought her report card home I guess we made a big fuss over her. The next day she had homework to do, a couple chores, etc. She said "Yesterday you were all proud of me and today I'm just another mouth to feed". Danny and I laughed so hard over that. Where in the world did she come up with that?

2 comments:

SaRaH said...

your kids never fail to crack me up. Poor Chloe. Five years of aggravation and all she has amounted to is another (smart and funny) mouth to fee.

Cindy said...

Hehe, now that you mention it, Sasha's been saying "Happy Birthday" a lot all of a sudden. You're probably right about the Halloween connection.
Had to giggle at Chloe's little drama. Just another mouth to feed.