Saturday, August 23, 2008

Two sides of Phoebe and Owen's eye

I was holding Phoebe on my lap yesterday. She was drinking her milk and rubbing my cheek so sweet and softly. I was thinking about sweet and lovey she was, when she reached up and squeezed my nose roughly and said "Honk Honk".





Today is a busy day and there always has to be a complication. Chloe's slumber party for her birthday is this evening. This afternoon I have to take her to her piano lesson, have balloons blown up, pick up cupcakes, and return a toy. I will have Phoebe with us. Danny is taking Owen at 1:00 to see Clone Wars at the movies. The problem is one of Owen's eyes is swollen shut nearly. It's red, swollen, and just looks terrible. Thursday evening we were playing outside and he was rubbing his eye and said it itched. He went in the house and got a washcloth he held on it. He woke up yesterday morning with the swollen, red eye. We went and got him some Benadryl. It knocked him out. I felt so bad. He was so excited because Danny took off work last night and we built a fire and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. Owen bought fireworks at the beach we were going to set off. Mom, Dad, and Nan came up too. While we were sitting around the fire, he fell asleep. We couldn't wake him up. We all took turns holding him. Here he is with my Mom. Benadryl is scary.




We ate but didn't do the fireworks. Hopefully tonight we can. The girls for the party will like that too. We put Owen to bed after everyone left and he didn't wake up until this morning (except briefly in the night to get in bed with us). SO, today Danny is going to take him to Urgent Care right after the movie. It doesn't open until 1:00 so it'll have to wait. I hate not to go too (and Danny has never taken any of them to the dr. on his own), but I have to get things done for the party and who knows when they will get home. We don't feel like he needs to go to the ER (which is a long wait and much more expensive). He acts fine but he looks so pitiful. He says he hopes no one takes his picture because he wouldn't look good in it.

1 comment:

Miss Lisa said...

I hope he feels better--could it be pink eye?

Also hope the slumber party is a success--fireworks?! The girls are going to have a blast!