Friday, August 29, 2008

First day of Kindergarten!!

Today my baby boy started Kindergarten. He did fine. Me, not so much. I cried and prayed off and on all day. Phoebe and I stayed busy and I got my hair cut.I was so glad to see him when he got home. He jumped off the bus and said "School was great!". He loved it (he actually said "I love school real good"). He had a note from the teacher that was a positive behavior form that said he had a great day. Some of the things he said he did was; played Legos (he said there were even purple ones), sang the Hokey Pokey, played a naked bear game (where you dress the bear he said), sat on a bright blue rug that had crayons on it, drew a picture of himself, and had a tasty lunch. He talks about a mean guy (he refers to the boys as guys) in his class that apparently did not get a positive behavior form sent home. He doesn't remember his name though, and I'm dying to see who it is because by the sounds of it, he is quite the guy. When I asked if anyone cried today he said only the mean guy when he couldn't get in the prize box. Owen got some pink fangs from the prize box. It was Owen's first bus ride and he says the bus goes real fast. He was disappointed when I told him he doesn't go to school tomorrow. He made the sweetest painting of his handprints with a poem about the first day of school. I am so thankful he had a good day.



Notice the name tag he's wearing. The teacher gave it to him to wear when she came for her home visit. When I took it off this evening, it had made two big holes in his new shirt! I hate pins.







Here he is with the fangs he got from the prize box. He makes this mean face when he wears them.

3 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Cute fangs--he looks adorable in ALL the pcis!

SaRaH said...

I love Owen real good.

Unknown said...

I so love those fangs. Too bad mean guy didn't get any ;-)