Friday, August 8, 2008

County Fair

We went to our County Fair yesterday evening. It's a pretty big deal here, and we go every year. It was hot and crowded like always. Owen said his favorite part was throwing darts at the balloons. He and Chloe both did great with that game and they each won prizes. Phoebe's favorite part was her ice cream cone. She licked and licked on it for a long time, and ate it all. I rode rides with the kids and the Scrambler was a riot. It lasted forever and went way faster than I remember it going as a kid. We stayed very late and it started to rain and storm at the end so we had to run to the van. We got completely soaked. Happens almost every year. When I asked Phoebe today about the fair she talked about the rain and the piggies. She liked looking at the pigs and other animals from a distance. If I got too close she'd say she was scared. She did like the bunnies and chicks. Going to the Fair always reminds me of when I was young and went to the Fair. I guess my kids are building memories now.





1 comment:

Miss Lisa said...

Looks like fun. We have the State Fair of Texas near us but not til October--way too hot right now!

I love Phoebe with the ice cream ;)