Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Swimming in the rain

The kids (mainly Chloe) have been wanting to go to the town pool. Because according to Chloe, everyone goes to the pool. Which, to her credit, many of her friends do go very often. We used to always go to a little country pool that not many people went to. A couple of my friends and their kids met us there and all was well. Now I apparently am going to have to parade my chubby self in a bathing suit in front of everyone we know. Now that Chloe is older, our summer swimming is changing. She wants to be dropped off at the pool. That strikes fear in my heart. Our country pool has five foot water. The town pool has ten foot water at the deep end, and gasp, two diving boards. Also there are rules that Chloe has laid down for me to follow. Like, no embarassing her and no putting sunscreen on her at the pool (has to be done in the privacy of our home).

Yesterday was a sunny day but we were busy and the kids were bad at the store yesterday morning so I said if they couldn't be good we weren't going to the pool. So we didn't go. I said we'd go today. Well, today was cloudy and gloomy. We went anyway. It drizzled rain. Then it rained hard. Then it thundered. So our day at the pool lasted about an hour. But they were satisfied with that. We are busy the rest of the week, but hopefully next week we'll hit the pool a day or two. Hopefully in the sunshine.

Phoebe wearing Chloe's goggles:



Owen in his new diving gear. Never mind he hardly gets off the steps. He wore it in the bathtub last night. Then this morning as soon as he got up and went to the bathroom, he put it back on, then went back to bed.




Oh, these two.




No pictures of Chloe, because that would be embarassing if I took her picture at the public pool. There are rules, you know.

5 comments:

Hez said...

Oh how I remember the being 'cool' at the pool age. The rules made me laugh. I love Phoebe's suit...it is so cute!

Unknown said...

Rules for mom! I love it. Thank goodness you can give me a picture of what to expect in 10 years, Jacque!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

OMG, those are the cutest pictures ever. And please obey the rules, mom!!! LOL

SaRaH said...

I <3 Chloe. And those other cute goofballs.

Dawn said...

I LOVE the picture of Owen and Phoebe!! Classic!! I guess you'll have to catch some pics of Chole at the pool when she's not looking (turn off the flash), so she won't notice! ;)