Thursday, June 25, 2009

A gripe from the movies

Last night I took the kids to see the movie UP. My friend Anna and her kids met us there. First, we had a great time, the movie was good, and Phoebe made it through the whole thing just fine.

However, there are two things still bugging me this morning. The ticket prices aren't cheap, but not too bad either, so I'm not complaining about that. ($7 for me and $5 for Chloe and Owen, and Phoebe was free, so $17 for tickets.) It's the cost of the snacks that have me over the roof. Chloe, Owen, and Phoebe each got a snack pack which consisted of a pretty small bag of popcorn, a tiny drink, and m&ms (no substituting the candy). Each of those was $4.50. I got a small popcorn which was $4.50, and a small diet coke for $3.50! So I spent $21.50 on snacks!!! Unbelievable. I mean, $3.50 for a very small diet coke? To spend more on snacks than the price of admission is absurd.

My other gripe is how freaking cold it was in the theater. Let me just say, I am never cold. I'm always hot. Always. Just ask Danny. Well, I was a popsicle at the movie. Poor Phoebe said she was "freezing to death" and pulled her shirt down over her knees, and tried to huddle with me for warmth. The other kids were saying they were cold. When we got out to the lobby people were shivering. I was never so glad to get outside in the heat in all my life. I didn't even use the a/c in the van on the way home. It seriously had to be 50 degrees in there. Once Phoebe said she needed a blankie.

Anyway! There is my gripe for the day. Now, our electric company is having a scheduled outage today from 10:00-1:00 on a 90 degree day, so I may be begging for 50 degree a/c this afternoon.

1 comment:

Our Beautiful Life said...

Tell me about it! We rarely go to the movies, but when we do, I never buy refreshments! Too dang expensive!

Oh and I totally agree with the temperature. How are you supposed to enjoy the movie when you're shivering nonstop?!