Thursday, June 18, 2009

Food confusion

Owen has had some trouble identifying food. When Dairy Queen opened for the Spring (it's one that just serves ice cream so it closes in the cold weather months) I told the kids we'd go. They were excited and telling me what they'd order. Owen said he wanted banilla (notice the b) ice cream in a cup with a lid and a straw where you drink it. Oh, a milkshake!

Last week there was a sale at Kroger on all the Cheetos and Fritos. We got chili cheese Fritos (my fav!) and two kinds of Cheetos. The puffed kind and the crunchy kind. Because I'm all about healthy snacks. One evening Owen asked for some Cheetos. Then he said the kind that are a line, not the curved. Oh, crunchy!

Yesterday (a mere five minutes after dinner) he asked for those little square brown things in a bowl that he thinks are called Golden Grahams. Oh yes, Golden Grahams!




Totally off subject, but it's 11:00 and I am already totally stressed out. The two classes I'm taking are A LOT of work and requires more thinking than I have done in 14 years. I have fought with my computer for days to get important things to download and I just this morning FINALLY figured out what was wrong. (No thanks to the two computer tech people I've talked to for hours. Thank the Lord and Google for me figuring it out.) I have laundry and dishes to do, the kids are all in their swim clothes wanting to go to the pool, I need to do class work, and the house needs cleaned. So, I better get to it!

AND! Happy Birthday to my friends Rosie and Nellie!! Have a great day girls!

2 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Silly Owen :)

I didn't know you were going back to school--what are you taking?

Jacque said...

Lisa, I'm taking two courses to renew my teaching certificate (must be done every three years). I am going back to work in the Fall (in some form or another). I'm taking Project Based Learning, and 21st Century Teaching and Learning in Language Arts. I'm thankful to take them online, but finding the time is hard. Plus, they both require a lot of work, and big final projects.