Monday, June 15, 2009

Odds and Ends

My friend's four year old, Sophie, said she wanted to go to the Dollar Tree. Her Mom asked her what she needed to buy there and she said "Oh, just odds and ends". That is what this post is. Odds and ends.

We went swimming today with Sophie and her mom and sister, and our other friend and her kids. We went to the "country" pool instead of the "town" pool but Chloe had a blast. It's something we do every summer with this bunch of friends.

Chloe finished up her play yesterday and I'm so glad it's over. It went very well and Chloe really enjoyed it, but I am glad not to be running to practices and performances.




A new friend Chloe made while doing the play. Her name is Kimmie and in the past two days she's called about 62 times:



With her friend from school, Rachel, who came to see the play and brought Chloe flowers. So sweet:





Owen had a fun at the pool today too. He played sea creature and had war with the girls with squirt toys. He continues to ask me for something every five minutes. I told him today that he needed his own personal assistant. He said "Yeah, you". I'm sitting here eating sunflower seeds and he and Chloe just started eating some. He cracked one of the shells and said "Hey! There are peanuts in here!". I told him no, they were sunflower seeds. Then he asked, "Will they grow inside of you?".

Phoebe slipped in the pool today and went under the water for a second. She didn't get upset but sputtered around a little. Later I took her to the bathroom and she said "That was a bad time when I went under the water". The pool is at a campground and when we came out of the bathroom she pointed to where a picnic table was that campers had a lot of stuff set out on. She said, "Look, there's a yard sale. Wish I could go to it".

Phoebe's schedule has been off since school has been out. She's been sleeping in so she's not ready for a nap right after lunch like she usually is. Before she'd eat lunch and then nap for two or three hours. Now that she sleeps later she isn't ready for a nap until much later. Then she naps until dinner time or later, and she's up very late. I am not a fan of that. They only peace and quiet I get is after everyone goes to bed. So now we are trying skipping the nap and then she goes to bed early and very, very easily.

Here she is tonight where she fell asleep on the couch. (That's my Halloween blanket I never put away. Molly curled up with her too.)



I've been enjoying sleeping in and the kids being home and nothing really we have to do. Except I have been taking two online classes and that has to be done every day, but we don't have to go anywhere or do anything. I like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds loverly!