Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

Oh, how I love pumpkin pie. Owen has been asking to make a pumpkin pie for a couple days, I'm not sure why. I'm all for that idea, so he helped me make two today. We just ate a piece before it even cooled. Yum! Here's my easy, tasty recipe I always use:

15 oz pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
Combine ingredients and pour into a 9" pastry shell (I actually use two regular 9" inch ones). Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 and bake 40 min. longer.



While I was cutting the pie, Phoebe was wanting to go to sleep for her nap. I told her to go lay in the chair for just a minute. When I went to see about her, like two minutes later, here's what I found:



And also this:




And just because it's cute, here is Phoebe today eating a sucker my sister, a.k.a. Aunt Bea, brought her.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the lollipop, and love the dress!! :)

SaRaH said...

Mmmmmmm.... What a yummy day!