Tuesday, July 28, 2009

He fainted

I love listening to the kids when they are talking to each other (when they are talking nicely, that is). I just like to over hear the little things they say. Sometimes they are so sweet with each other, and sometimes very funny. Today on the way to the grocery store they were talking about alligators. I told them about a story I just saw on TV about a woman getting her face bitten by an alligator. Owen asked if there were any alligators around here. I said no, and Chloe said they had some in Florida. I said sometimes they get in pools there. Owen then said we better not talk about them anymore. Phoebe continued talking about alligators and Owen put his head over and closed his eyes. Then this conversation happened:

Phoebe: "Owen is asleep."

Owen: "I'm not asleep. I fainted."

Chloe and I laughed so hard. Apparently now the mere mention of alligators causes Owen to faint. Or fall asleep.

5 comments:

Tiff said...

that kid cracks me up!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!

Dawn said...

Very funny!!!

Nellie said...

Oh! Owen! He is a hoot.

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I couldn't adore him more.