Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Magic Cobbler

The kids and I have been picking blackberries. They love to fill their little buckets up with the berries. One of my favorite ways to eat them is in a cobbler. Here's the one I've been making lots of:

Magic Cobbler
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup milk
2 cups sugar, divided
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder (I skip this because I use self-rising flour)
2 cups fruit (blackberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.)

Preheat oven to 350. In 8x11-inch pan (I use 8x8), melt butter. In mixing bowl, combine milk, 1 cup sugar, flour, and baking powder. Pour mixture over melted butter, but do not stir. Spread fruit on top and sprinkle with remaining cup of sugar. Again, do not stir. Bake for 30-40 minutes until fruit is soft and top is golden brown.

Delicious!!!

1 comment:

Our Beautiful Life said...

I admire you all for picking blackberries. I refuse to anymore because of the size of the spiders I find in the bushes!