Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zucchini Carrot Cake

I love cooking with zucchini from my Dad's garden in the summer. This is a yummy cake I made last week:

Zucchini Carrot Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded carrots

Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients. Add oil, eggs, vanilla; mix well. Fold in zucchini and carrots. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake for 45 minutes. when cool, frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Cream butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in nuts.

I love this cake. The icing is so good I could eat it with a spoon. Phoebe liked it too, minus the nuts. I think I might make it as muffins the next time.

1 comment:

Our Beautiful Life said...

I am SO making that cake!