Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Silly stuff and nothing much

Owen asks a lot of thoughtful questions. Like yesterday he was looking at his shadow and asked why shadows didn't have mouths. The other day he asked me how tigers went to the bathroom.

Phoebe is so funny these days. She was sitting happily in her carseat when I stopped at the store and got her out of the seat. She jumped down and said "I'm free!!". We had pancakes and bacon Sun. evening for breakfast. She, like me, loves butter. She asked for more and I said a little more and that was all. Then she said "Can I have some of that butter to put in my mouth and eat it?". She loves to boss Owen around. He burped yesterday and before I could say a word she said "Owen, say excuse me! Burping is bad manners."

Chloe has a renewed interest in Barbies. Yesterday I got out a huge tote of Barbies of hers that we had packed away. She and Phoebe washed every single one of them in a big thing of soap and water I gave them, I washed and dryed the Barbie clothes, and now they are entertained for hours. One had pink panties on and Phoebe said that one had a pink butt.

We went to the library this morning and then to the pool. Owen said he had work to do when he got home. I asked what, and he said play his video games. He wanted to go to Kmart to buy a new game. I told him he just got new ones for his birthday and he'd have to wait until Christmas. He said Christmas was hours away and he couldn't wait that long. Then he said he really hoped snow came down on the ground for Christmas.

Today Owen was eating a chocolate bar (as he calls it) and Chloe stole a bite, which caused some crying with one sad tear. He said now he didn't have as much as he did.

He was wearing his goggles in the van on the way to the pool today. I could hear him snorting and breathing hard. I asked if he was okay and he said "Yes, I just need to get a breath". The goggles were pinching his nose closed.

Owen was looking for Molly yesterday and asked, "Is Molly home?". Where else would the dog be?

We did summer reading at the library today. With each level they complete they choose a prize. Today was craft day too and we checked out new books. Owen came home with a medal he made for the craft around his neck, a Scooby Doo bubble necklace on, carrying a sucker, and a pirate eye patch on. Phoebe had her medal, a stuffed pony, wearing a tatoo and sporting the eye patch, and a roll of Smarties. Chloe had her medal and a dolphin bubble necklace, and a piece of candy.

I just love those kids.

3 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I love them too! What did you answer for Owen's questions???

Dawn said...

I also love your kids!!! They are soooo entertaining!!

Nellie said...

I think its great to write down the funny things the kids say. I try to remember things Bethany says,but I forget them before I can get them written down.