Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Massacre by siblings

If you were at our house on Sunday, you would have seen this sign on Chloe's door:



It reads: Danger Go Away Never Come Back or Else!!!! It also has a scary skull and crossbones and a mean frowny face. What prompted this terrible sign? Chloe stayed the night with her Aunt Bea Sat. night where she caught tadpoles and brought them home in a jar. #1 this is asking for trouble, #2 I hate frogs in any cycle of their life, #3 I told my sister not to let her bring tadpoles home. Chloe had put them up on her bookshelf where she thought they were safe, out of reach of little hands. Not high enough apparently. I went to check on Owen and Phoebe and noticed they were in Chloe's room. Owen got the jar down and Phoebe had knocked the jar over. Half of the tadpoles and water were all over the rug. I yell for Danny because I wasn't touching those things. He tries to get them cleaned up before Chloe sees and I add more water to the jar. We didn't move quickly enough, Chloe came in her room only to see the massacre caused by her siblings. She starts screaming hysterically and follows Danny to where he is flushing the tadpoles. She is crying that she should've buried them. Then she turns her rage on Owen. She cried and went on forever and concluded with, "What's next? Will he kill the cat and dogs? And my snail?!!". Oh the drama. Right before bed too.

3 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

That's an angry sign :0
Why does all the drama happen right before bedtime?!

SaRaH said...

"What's next?" LOL. Love her.

Momo Fali said...

Aw! I feel for her! (And the tadpoles.)