Monday, August 10, 2009

Hula Hoops

Last weekend when we were at the mall, Phoebe wanted to "get her ears pinched so she could get some hula hoops". The mall is where she got her ears pierced back in the winter. She wanted some new hoop earrings (like mine and Chloe's) and she thought she had to get them pinched (a.k.a. pierced) again to get new earrings. I loved that she called them hula hoops. I may never say hoop earrings again. I told mom and dad the story about it. On Saturday we went to watch the Fair parade that kicks off the Fair that starts today. Dad was there too and we watched the parade from in front of my aunt's jewelry store.





After the parade Dad asked Phoebe if she wanted to go into the jewelry store and get some hula hoops. So, he bought her some hoop earrings.







He got some earrings for Chloe too, but for some reason my sister and I couldn't talk him into getting us new earrings.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww, I LOVE the Hula Hoops!!!!

By the way Ivy has that same dress that Phoebe wore at the parade!!

Gotta love Target! ;)

Nellie said...

I love that grandpa got them hula hoops. It is a precious story.

Unknown said...

So cute! I love her dress.

SaRaH said...

She could not look prouder. I love her commitment to hula hoops -- willing to be repinched.