Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chocolate Crackers

I first had these when I was in high school. One of our favorite substitute teachers shared them with my friend and I. We got the recipe and I've been making them for over 20 years. My sister and I love to make them together. I made a pan of them this week and Danny and I ate them all gone in a couple days.



Chocolate Crackers

Melt 2 sticks of butter in small saucepan. Add 1 cup sugar. Boil for 3 minutes. Cover cookie sheet with foil. Spread saltine crackers all over pan in a single layer. Pour butter/sugar mixture over crackers. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle one package of chocolate chips over the top. Let set for a few minutes then spread chocolate over the top. Refrigerate until firm and cold. Break into pieces and enjoy!! Store in fridge.

3 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

If you're not going to send me some, I think it's mean of you to talk about them in a blog post. They sound divine!

Jacque said...

Chris, they are so good, I'd send you some if they wouldn't melt! Try some, they are easy! I love things that combine sweet and salty!

SaRaH said...

yum