Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cute kid stuff

When Chloe is in the bathtub, she fills the tub completely up and since I'm the last one to get my bath every night, I sometimes run out of hot water. I hate nothing more. I love a hot bath. So I yelled in and told her to turn off the water. She didn't hear me, so Owen ran in and told her. I couldn't hear exactly what she said to him, but he came in and said Chloe "bad talked" him. I hate that bad talking.



Phoebe calls Owen her boy. I love that. She told the neighbor this evening that her boy was riding her tricycle. She tells people about her boy all the time. I was talking to a cousin I ran into at the store and she told them our kids were at school. Yesterday I heard her tell my Dad something about her girl Chloe. When she talks about Chloe and Owen together, she calls them the kids.



Phoebe is suddenly into playing store all the time. She calls me "lady" and asks me how much things cost. Then she bags up everything we own into plastic bags. It's usually books. Then I have to give her a receipt and tell her to have a nice day. Once I forgot to tell her to have a nice day and she said, "I'll have a good day". Yesterday she put all the bags in her little shopping cart and took them and put them in the chair. Then she got in the chair and pretended to drive. Today she wanted me to go outside while she rode her tricycle and she told me we'd go outside and then play store in a minute. We're on a tight schedule around here.

Every night at dinner I ask Chloe and Owen to tell me the best and worst parts of their day at school. Owen is really loving first grade. He always tells the best part of his day (today it was playing with the parachute in gym), but usually says he didn't have any bad parts. Today he did say when his friend had to change his card (their discipline plan involves changing the color of their cards).

Chloe is doing well in sixth grade and likes her teacher, but isn't really thrilled with going to school in general. She told me that two boys "asked her out". Out? Where are they going?? She told them she was already "dating" someone. I can handle the boy stuff okay, but I don't like the bad talking. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm. She's already dating someone, huh? Who is this boy? Have we met him? LOL.

SaRaH said...

LOL - love your kids. Especially when it's Phoebe calling them 'the kids.' You make sure that boy knows that there are a bunch of us who will bad talk him if he does anything untowards.