Friday, September 4, 2009

Chloe is 11???

I don't know how in the world Chloe just turned 11. But she did. Eleven years ago on August 28th, Chloe was born. She was a tiny thing at 6 pounds and 6 ounces and 20 1/4 inches long. The most wonderful, perfect, beautiful thing we had ever seen. My labor and delivery with her was horrible. No epidural and more pain that I could have ever imagined. We were so happy to meet her, to love her, to be her parents. She was my first baby, the one who made me a mother.



Being the mother of an eleven year old isn't something I thought about when I was pregnant with her, or when she was a baby, or even a toddler. It is sometimes interesting and not always pleasant. She is a delightful daughter though and is one of my greatest joys and blessings. Now at eleven she loves makeup, wild jewelry (less is more means nothing to her), especially earrings, gum, crazy clothes, pandas, reading, her new cell phone, magazines, sleepovers, and polishing her nails.

On her actual birthday this year we had a little cookout and an ice cream cake. We finally relented and got her a cell phone that she has been dying for.




For her party we rented the pool. She had a great time with all her friends despite the cool evening.





It was a great birthday and I hope she has many more happy ones! I can't wait to see what the next year brings (I think).

5 comments:

Tim Dorsey said...

they grow up so fast! before you can blink, they'll be thirty and you'll be really old!

Our Beautiful Life said...

She is beautiful and a daughter to be proud of, I am sure. Very lucky to have you as her mother! Happy birthday Chloe!

Nellie said...

Sweet Chloe is so cute at eleven. Happy Birthday to her. I never knew time could pass so quickly. I'm not sure how it goes by so quickly, yet it does seem forever since my wedding day.

SaRaH said...

Happy Birthday sweet sweet Chloe! I'm so glad she scored a cell phone -- what more could a girl want?

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Chloe! Don't grow up too fast...