Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another egg hunt and recipes

A couple pictures of Phoebe I liked from today:




We had a potluck at Playgroup. I took a broccoli salad I often take to potlucks, and a fat free cake that is still yummy! Here are the recipes and pics.

Broccoli Salad
3 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
1 red onion, chopped (I never use this much. I use maybe 1/4 cup.)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I usually just use real bacon pieces, like bacos used in salad)
Combine and use with the following dressing.
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup sugar
2 T vinegar
Mix well and pour over salad.


Angel Lush Cake
1 pkg (4-serving size) vanilla pudding
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 cup thawed Fat Free Cool Whip
1 pkg angel food cake (8.5 oz but I used a larger one because it's all I could find)

Mix pudding mix and pineapple. Stir in whipped topping.
Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers.
Spread pudding mixture on each layer and the top.
Garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.





We had another egg hunt at Playgroup. I think this is our final one for the year. It was nice weather for it. Here are a few pics of Owen and Phoebe hunting eggs.



1 comment:

Miss Lisa said...

Looks like they had so much fun!