Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm Gonna Have a Blow Up (and Potato Soup)

Owen says lots of funny things and I thought I'd share a recent one. He and Chloe (and Daddy) like Toaster Strudel (I know, I know, not very healthy). Owen usually likes strawberry. One morning this week I asked if he wanted an apple one. He said yes, so I fixed it for him and went to do something else. He promptly comes in and says "If you don't get me a toaster strudel, I'm going to have a blow up!". I said I had already given him one and he said "It wasn't red!!". Well, excuse me!

I try to remember these cute things when he's driving me nuts. Which has been a lot today. He has hit both his sisters and refuses to clean his room. When I get on to him for it he uses the pity plea and says not to say mean words to him (who knew clean your room, or go to time out, or stop it, or be nice were mean words) and says "But I'm your love bug". His room currently looks like a tornado has hit.

As for the potato soup, I made some today for Mom who came home from the hospital this morning. Our family has had enough of hospitals this week. First Phoebe and then Mom. She had a heart catherization yesterday but it turns out her heart is healthy. Thank God! Here's the recipe for potato soup:

5 cups potatoes, cubed
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup onions, diced
5 cups water
Cook until tender.
Add:
2 cans cream of chicken soup. Then 1 pound of Velveeta cheese. Heat until cheese melts.

No comments: