Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Turkey time

Phoebe and I made some turkeys today with some of our pumpkins we have. I had some craft feathers and felt that we glued on. Just glue the feathers on the back, we used buttons for eyes, and cut the beak and waddle out of felt. She had a great time making them. I think they would be cute centerpieces for Thanksgiving dinner.




Another idea for Thanksgiving is this turkey cheeseball I made. Use any cheeseball recipe and add feathers of cheesecubes, olives, and cherry tomatoes. Use skewers or sucker sticks to stick them on. I used pecan halves for more feathers and cut a piece from a red pepper for the mouth/beak/waddle. (Is it called a waddle? I don't know.)



My cheeseball recipe is: 2 packages of softened cream cheese, a package of shredded cheddar cheese, and a package of ranch dip mix. I usually roll it in chopped pecans.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheese. Yum.

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Cheese shaped like turkey? Divine. I like the butter sculpture shaped like a turkey too.